Painting your home is an important decision that generally comes into mind, when either the family wants to change the colors of the wall or wants to repair the dull walls. You choose the perfect colors for each space of your home to match your decor. But is it everything?
Well, it’s not. Using the Wall Primer before the application of paint is the most important step while painting the wall. Selecting the right wall primers for applying to the wall is also a major step to decide.
For beautification & to get the desired colors on the wall, primer is applied as an undercoat before painting the walls. It acts as a foundation coat and provides a uniform porosity & uniform base for the topcoat application. If you paint the surface without the application of primer, then you would end up using more paint for adequate coverage and it won’t last long on the walls.
That’s why wall primers are the partners of the paint. They help the paint to stick to the surface and reduce the consumption of the paint too.
Often Using of Wall primers help to hide any defects, joints, seams, or natural blemishes on the wall. It’s generally white in color.
Based on the Surface, different formulations of Primer are available in the market…
Types Of Wall Primer:
There are three types of primer used in the construction industry:
Water-based primer (interior/exterior),
Oil-based primer &
White cement-based primer.
Among these, water-based primer is good for interior & exterior usage in houses. Sakarni Wall Primer is Acrylic Cement Primer. The major components of Sakarni Wall Primer are white cement, modified styrene, rutile pigment, dispersing agent, water, extender, preservative, pine oil, cellulose, glycol, and coalescing agent. These components make it remarkable in quality.
You can select Sakarni Exterior Wall Primer or Sakarni Interior Wall Primer on the basis of the application.
How to use Sakarni Wall Primer:
- Before applying, make sure that the plastered surface is strong & well cured.
- The plaster which is loosely adhered to the walls should be scrapped off else the paint would too come out along with the plaster.
- The walls should be cleaned off from fungus or algae, cement slurry, debris, or any unwanted material and major defects and undulations should be repaired.
- Make sure that the moisture content of the surface should not be more than 10% before applying the primer to the walls.
- The pH value of the surface should be between 7-11.
- Dilute the wall primer with fresh clean water in the ratio of 90-100% (V: V) and mix homogeneously.
- Apply Sakarni Wall Primer with tools like brush, roller, or spray. Depending upon the surface, you can use one or two coats.
Advantages of using Sakarni Wall Primer on Wall:
- Sakarni Wall Primer is an eco-friendly product and is friendly for painters.
- It can be applied easily on the surface without lumps formation.
- This product is water-resistant. It can be applied to both interior & exterior walls.
- Sakarni Wall Primer gives high coverage area as compared to other brands.
- It is economical as it reduces the consumption of the paint & thus expenses.
- It provides shine & better color upon the topcoat application.
- Due to its better hiding properties, Sakarni Wall Primer is super-white.
Avoid inhaling the product & direct contact with skin & eyes. In case of contact with the eyes, clean the eyes with pure water and seek medical attention, if necessary.